Google Custom Search

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

In memorium for the 9 firefighters in South Carolina

the following prayer is a prayer firefighters say and thought it would be appropriate given the loss of the 9 firefighters in South Carolina. I would like to give credit to the author but I am unable to since I don't know the author's name.

Firefighter's Prayer

When I am called to duty, God, Wherever flames may rage,Give me the strength to save a life, Whatever be it's age.Help me embrace a little child before it is too late,Or save an older person from the horror of that fate.Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout,And quickly and efficiently put the fire out.I want to fill my calling, to give the best in me,To guard my friends and neighbors and protect his property.And if according to my fate I am to lose my life,Please bless with your protecting hand my children and my wife.

No comments:

copyright and privacy policy

Copyright and Privacy policy

This website contains all original writings by Sean Davis, and no part of this website can be reproduced or used elsewhere without written permission from the owner of this site along with proper acknowledgements accompanying the usage of theReproduced material.The owner of this website makes no attempt to gain any personal or private information from any individual, business or group and any business you do with the merchants with advertisements on my sites is between you and the merchant.

Please refrain from providing any personal information that could be considered personal and private due to the fact that anything you post can be viewed by individuals visiting this site.

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog sites©Sean Davis 2010http://seansideasandcommentary.blogspot.com/
http://seanspoemsandstories.blogspot.com/