Google Custom Search

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

why I write

I have always loved to put my thoughts down on paper. Perhaps it is because I had a severe speech impediment as a small child and was forced to find alternate forms of communications until I was able to over come my speech impediment.

I found that expressing my thoughts on paper was the best way I could express myself until I could talk, even today I occasionally stutter and it always feels as if my mouth cannot keep up with my mind. I enjoy writing and know that I am a capable enough writer to have had twelve letters published in one local newspaper.

I have always been hard on myself when I write anything with the biggest thing being the editing of my own work with regards to feeling as if it is never good enough. I would like to write stories but I have always had a problem with character and story development. The only thing that I know I had done a halfway decent job with was a short play I had written for school for which my english teacher seemed to love and a few years later another person who had been a co-worker of mine that claimed to be somewhat of a writer liked the format I had for the play. I have thought of rewriting it due to that fact that one of the places in the play is still there but under new ownership and a new name.

I have thought of taking classes to help my character and story development but I am pressed for time and cash so realistically I would only be able to do it on weekends and somewhere where it doesn't cost anything or much.

I would not mind writing a column for a newspaper, magazine or for another format such as individuals who could use help writing due to a lack of time or a lack of ability that would allow me to showcase my writing if it were a way of getting better at writing and editing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What interesting message

copyright and privacy policy

Copyright and Privacy policy

This website contains all original writings by Sean Davis, and no part of this website can be reproduced or used elsewhere without written permission from the owner of this site along with proper acknowledgements accompanying the usage of theReproduced material.The owner of this website makes no attempt to gain any personal or private information from any individual, business or group and any business you do with the merchants with advertisements on my sites is between you and the merchant.

Please refrain from providing any personal information that could be considered personal and private due to the fact that anything you post can be viewed by individuals visiting this site.

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog sites©Sean Davis 2010http://seansideasandcommentary.blogspot.com/
http://seanspoemsandstories.blogspot.com/